Illinois State University
Jump over the site's masthead's navigation bar.
Jump over the site's left-side navigation bar.

Diploma Information

Diploma covers are presented at the Commencement Ceremony; diplomas are mailed to the graduates approximately 8 - 12 weeks following graduation. The size of the diploma is 10" x 8". If you did not attend Commencement, you may request a diploma cover by contacting the Registrar Service Center at (309) 438-2188.

Please note: A disciplinary hold is considered a graduation deficiency. If you have a disciplinary hold, you are not eligible to graduate until the hold is released. Upon completion of all degree requirements, including the release of the disciplinary hold, your degree will be finalized and diploma mailed 8-12 weeks following the graduation date. For information regarding disciplinary holds, please contact Community Rights and Responsibilities at (309) 438-8621.

Replacement Diplomas and Diploma Covers

A diploma can be replaced at a cost of $12, and a diploma cover can be replaced at a cost of $4. To obtain a replacement diploma or diploma cover, either download the request form or write a letter of request to Illinois State University, Evaluation Services, Campus Box 2202, Normal, IL, 61790-2202. Please provide the quantity of diplomas or diploma covers desired as well as the current name, name to be printed on the diploma, University Identification Number (UID) (or date of birth if you do not have a UID), date of graduation, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Your signature is required to release your diploma.

Payment can be made by credit card by completing the box on the request form, or by check or money order payable to Illinois State University.

If the original diploma or diploma cover was damaged in the mail, there is no charge for a replacement. Please return the damaged diploma and/or damaged diploma cover along with the request form and the replacement will be mailed at no cost.

Name Change

Due to the danger of identity theft, persons who wish to change their first, middle, or last names on their transcripts or diplomas must provide a copy of their marriage license, a court order, or a dissolution decree certifying their name change. Please send a copy of one of these documents with your Diploma Replacement Form. We cannot accept a copy of your current driver's license or social security card. Your original diploma must be returned with your request as well. Please be sure to sign this request. Without your signature, we cannot process your name change.



Diploma Replacement Form

Illinois State University

Office of the University Registrar
Normal, IL 61790-2202

Phone: (309) 438-2188

© 2019 Illinois State UniversityPrivacy StatementIdentity StandardsAppropriate Use Policy